Decent Stagger ✔
No Stance/Meter Management ✔
Spammable Skills When Optimized ✔
Uses Identity Gauge Like an EX Meter ✔
❌ Back Attacker
❌ High Swiftness Stacking
❌ Crit Rate Gearsets & Engravings
❌ No Focus Stance or Identity Buffs
Raid Skill Build
- You have two Awakening Skill choices:
- Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Spear Meteor is the safer option due to its range but has a moderate start-up.
- Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Storming Red Dragon does damage instantly. Although it has a long channeling time, it can be stopped at any time by releasing the skill button.
- Windsplitter can be replaced with alternatives of your preference, listed below. Skill Tree Nodes are displayed in the tooltips.
- Stampeding Slash is another candidate for procing the Conviction and Judgment combo.
- Soul Cutter's 2nd Tier Skill Tree Node can be replaced with Enhanced Concussion for higher single target damage and Stagger with a slower animation penalty.
- Cutting Wind is also a great candidate for procing Conviction and Judgment combo with Valor if you are comfortable channeling it. Otherwise, use Quickness to make it do 2 hits in an instant.
- Spear Dive is an option if you want another gap closer for comfortability.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
The Control Class Engraving disables the Glaivier's stance switching Identity which also disables the buffs. Instead, Final Decision can be used on skills whenever available to consume Identity Gauge for bigger hits. There's no need to worry about generating enough meter, since the skills refund the cost as they hit your target.
Standard Skill Rotation:
- Close the gap to your target with Flash Kick or Spear Dive. Make sure you position to the back of a boss to benefit from 10% Crit Rate Increase for Back Attack skills.
- Shackling Blue Dragon if Conviction and Judgment combo is on cooldown.
- Half Moon Slash
- Chain Slash whenever it's available.
- Wheel of Blades
- Shackling Blue Dragon if Conviction and Judgment combo buff is active.
- Chain Slash
- Raging Dragon Slash
Use Chain Slash whenever it's available. The rotation will become more spammy as you get higher Swiftness and higher level cooldown reduction gems for the skills.
Note: Half Moon Slash and Wheel of Blades triggers the Conviction and Judgment combo. Look for the Conviction text or buff icon before using Wheel of Blades to proc the Judgment effect for cooldown reduction and mana regen buffs. (30 second cooldown)
The Stagger check skills are :
- Raging Dragon Slash
- Half Moon Slash
- Wheel of Blades
Control Glaivier focuses on getting as much Swiftness as possible to reduce skill cooldowns because they are limited to only 8 skill slots. In addition, they need to fix their Crit Rate from Gearsets and Engravings.
- High Swiftness: Get Swiftness on all accessories, with Crit only on the necklace. This is the preferred setup for min-maxing.
- 50-50 Split: Get a necklace with Swiftness and Crit, a ring and earring with Crit, and the other ring and earring with Swiftness to get the 50-50 ratio.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Control increases damage for Flurry Stance skills.
- Ambush Master synergizes with this build since Control Glaiviers rely on Back Attacks for the extra 10% Crit Rate.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Adrenaline is need to fix Crit Rate and also provides some attack power increase. It is especially easy to maintain stacks once you have high Swiftness and cooldown gems.
- Raid Captain synergizes with this build since you are stacking high Swiftness which increases movement speed.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is usable but not the most ideal because of inconsistent Crit Rate, especially when unable to get the Back Attack.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
"Play At Your Own Pace" Route
Speedrun or Alts Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Control Glaivier abandons her Focus Stance and Stance Change Identity, allowing her to focus on 8 Flurry Stance skills.
- Swiftness is the priority stat for Control Glaivier to get as much cooldown reduction as possible. Therefore, Crit Rate needs to be fixed with gearsets and engravings.
- Control Glaivier has lower mobility and no Dragonscale Defense panic button. You have to be more cautious of your Spacebar usage.
- Vault is your only Counter skill. Be aware of some boss's Counter-able moves reaching further than their hurtbox, causing you to trade hits.
- Try out the Alternative skills to find the ones you prefer.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Lexyu
Updated Gearset to include Valtan sets.