Check out the Order of the Emperor Arcanist build for an alternative Arcanist play style.
Raid Skill Build
- During the early game, you can replace Serendipity with Stream of Edge to increase your Crit Rate and Movement Speed.
- Quadra Accelerate can be replaced with Dancing of Spineflower for more damage. But this is a risky skill to use, since it forces you to stay very close to the boss for a few seconds.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
The Gameplay of an Empress's Grace Arcanist revolves around their Skill Rotation and Identity Card usage, which need to be managed simultaneously to maximize their damage output and survivability.
- Call of Destiny
- Quadra Accelerate (Skip to “4.” if Card Draw triggers.)
- Scratch Dealer
- (Stream of Edge, if you use this instead of Serendipity)
- Celestial Rain
- Spiral Edge x 2
- Secret Garden
- Use Serendipity if the target has 4 Stacks but your other 2 Ruin Skills are on Cooldown. It can also be used as a Counter.
To increase the damage of your Awakening Skill Deathbound, use the rotation down below. This will guarantee that the damage of it is amplified by the effect of Barricade. To do so, it is mandatory to have Protection on Celestial Rain.
- Apply 4 Stacks on your target, or use Judgment shortly before the first hit of your Awakening Skill connects.
- Use Deathbound and use “Spacebar” to cancel the animation.
- Use Celestial Rain.
Identity Cards & Combos:
Every time you fill up your Deck Meter or trigger Quick Draw, you draw a random card from your Identity Card Deck. You can draw and hold up to 2 Identity Cards in your hand. Below is a list of all available Identity Cards.
Try to memorize the usage and combos of the most important Identity Cards listed below, to maximize your damage out put.
- Corrosion, Mayhem, Three-Headed Snake, Balance, Ghost, Royal and Moon can be activated as soon as you pull those, since these cards provide you with a long duration buff which are beneficial throughout the entire fight.
- In case of Three-Headed Snake, use some Auto Attacks in between your Stacking Skills to apply on your target the maximum Stack of 4 sooner.
- Cull is one of the best cards to multiply your damage out put. You should combine it with the cards listed below to maximize the efficiency of it.
- Judgment allows you to maximize the damage of all your Ruin Skill cards regardless of how many Stacks are applied on the target. Debuff your target and buff yourself first. Afterwards, use all your Ruin Skill cards within the 4 seconds time frame of the Judgment card's buff.
- After activating Wheel of Fortune, the next skill you use will have it Cooldown reset. This includes your Awakening skills. So make sure to use it before you use your awakening, which allows you to use your awakening twice in a row. If your Awakening is already on Cooldown, use it to reset Celestial Rain.
- Use Twisted Fate before you use your Ruin Skills, since it has a chance to increase your damage by 40% for 4 seconds.
- Star should be used once your main Ruin Skills are on Cooldown.
- Emperor is only available if you play Order of the Emperor Arcanist. You can use this skill immediately or in combination with Twisted Fate to deal high damage in a huge area around you. On top of that, this card deals decent Stagger Damage.
The Empress's Grace Arcanist build mainly focuses on Specialization, which increase the damage of your Ruin Skills and Awakening. On top of that, it also increases the Deck Meter gain. You need Crit only on your necklace, since Arcanist has various buffs, which increase her Crit Chance and Damage.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Empress's Grace increases the damage dealt by your Ruin Skills and restores mana. It is not recommended to have it on lvl 3. Keep it on lvl1, since the damage increase difference is only 10%.
- Barricade synergizes well with all your Ruin Skills once they have the Protection attached to them.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Adrenaline increases your Attack Power and Crit Rate and can be easily kept at max stack with the low Cooldown skills of Arcanist.
- Hit Master is great for Arcanist, since the damage of all Ruin Skills is separated into normal damage and stack damage. Your main damage comes from triggering the stacks (stack damage), which doesn't rely on Back or Front Attack.
- Keen Blunt Weapon is an optional Engraving, which doesn't synergize well with Arcanist, since she has a high base Crit Damage though her Buffs and Identity Cards.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- The Arcanist is a high mobility and damage class with low survivability.
- Specialization is the main Combat Stat of the Empress's Grace Arcanist.
- Normal Skills deal solid damage and fill up the Deck Meter faster.
- Stacking Skills provide useful buffs, mobility and add at least one Stack to the targets hit the skill.
- Ruin Skills consume all Stacks applied on the target and deal high damage based on the Stack count.
- Skill Rotation and Identity Cards usage, need to be managed simultaneously to maximize the damage output and survivability of Arcanist.
Written by Perciculum
Reviewed by Yaen