High Mobility ✔
Decent Stagger ✔
Burst Synergy Class ✔
Fast Counter Attack ✔
❌ Mana Starved
❌ Back Attack Dependent
❌ Requires Basic Attacking
❌ Cooldowns On Burst Skills
Raid Skill Build
- Moon Flash Kick and Sweeping Kick are the staple damage skills in this build. They're quick, safe burst skills that don't force you to be stationary.
- Lightning Kick is your gap closer and your repositioning tool.
- During Tier 1 and 2 you want to use Skill Reduction on Energy Combustion's. Once you get to endgame for Tier 3 with high Swiftness and high level Cooldown Gems, it is possible to use Intense Battle instead without having to sacrifice much uptime.
- Roar of Courage Supreme Ruler Afterimage skill tree can be replaced with Quick Prep for lowering it's cooldown even more, but ideally not too far apart from Wind's Whisper which will not synergize the buffs burst window closely.
- Sleeping Ascent Celebration can replace Lightning Kick as gap closer damage filler.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Always have Energy Combustion up before engaging.
Lightning Kick can be used for getting in and out of fights as it has a low cooldown and offers great mobility. Unfortunately it does have a slight wind-up, making it difficult to use for dodging quick attack patterns or mechanics.
Main Damage Rotation:
- Energy Combustion
- Lightning Kick
- Flash Heat Fang
- Roar of Courage
- Wind's Whisper
- Sweeping Kick
- Moon Flash Kick
- Lightning Kick then basic attack cancel (described below) until Wind's Whisper and Roar of Courage are back up.
You can use Sky Shattering Blow to keep up the damage buff while your Energy Combustion is up and basic attacking to keep up DPS uptime.
During skill downtime, hold down the movement button while tapping basic attack repeatedly to perform a basic attack cancel. The damage racks up along with Energy Combustion ticking and the Bleed rune to apply more damage over time.
There is something to keep in mind if the player has the Conviction rune slotted on Energy Combustion and the Judgment rune on Flash Heat Fang. You should wait for Conviction to proc before using Flash Heat Fang to proc the Judgment buff for 15% Cooldown Reduction and 100% Resource Regeneration before the start of the rotation.
Tiers 1 and 2
First Intention Wardancers go for Crit and Swiftness. Maximizing Crit is not as important because Wardancers can grant themselves bonus Crit Rate and apply Crit Debuff on targets. So you want to go for a 55% Crit and 45% Swiftness build.
It's better to optimize Swiftness over Crit for Tier 3 and above as you can acquire Gems and Skill Tree levels. This is to maximize Cooldown Reduction so that skills like Roar of Courage and Wind's Whisper have higher uptime. High Swiftness also helps increase Movement Speed to synergize with Raid Captain.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- First Intention disables the Elemental Meter gain and makes Esoteric Skills unusable. The advantage is it increases the damage dealt by the remaining Normal Skills, which is what we're after.
- Raid Captain is a solid choice since Wind's Whisper provides Movement Speed, and we're aiming for high Swiftness.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is a good damage engraving if you have more than 60% Crit Rate.
- Master of Ambush benefits Wardancers since they have many Back Attack modifiers.
- Awakening is for reduce awakening cooldown to synergize with Legion Raid gearset effect. preferably getting level 1 or 2 depending on the amount of your Swiftness.
- Lightning Fury is a good budget engraving for classes that does a lot of multi-hits.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase without needing specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* is a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
- Increases Mass* is a decent alternative option for Cursed Doll if you manage to go over 140% attack speed.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
Note : having 1600 Swiftness pairing with Conviction and Judgment combo will let you have just 12 seconds of downtime for Dominion Fang Set effect, assuming Conviction and Judgment combo cooldown lines up well. Having Awakening level 1 or 2 with Conviction and Judgment combo can further increase the refresh window to 1 or 21 seconds.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) Optional skill gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optional Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- First Intention Wardancers sacrifice their Elemental Meter to increase the damage of her other skills. This makes Sweeping Kick and Flash Heat Fang the main damage skills for this build.
- Always keep Energy Combustion up as it does great damage throughout the encounter.
- Buff up with Wind's Whisper and debuff the boss with Roar of Courage before using other damage skills.
- Swiftness and Crit are the main priorities for First Intention Wardancers, but balance them out as she has lots of Crit Rate buffs without needing it from raw stats.
- Your priority engravings to get to Level 3 are Grudge and First Intention. See the Additional Choices section for more Engravings.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Raxxanterax
Adjusted Gearsets section to include Vykas parts.
Updated Gearsets upgrade paths to include Valtan gears. Added extra Alternatives skills "Sleeping Ascent Celebration" and "Roar of Courage" Skill Tree. Added extra Optional Card Set. Adjusted Skill Tree Upgrades for "Sweeping Kick" and "Flash Heat Fang".