No Positionals ✔
High Burst Damage ✔
High Weak Point Damage ✔
❌Long Cast Times
❌Low Push Immunity
Raid Skill Build
- Rime Arrow generates a lot of identity gauge and deals pretty good damage at range. It can be cast as an animation cancel after Explosion, Doomsday, and Punishing Strike.
- Explosion is the second hardest hitting attack. It has a long channel and travel time before it explodes, with the smallest area-of-effect of the three big skills. After casting, there’s a recoil animation that can be cancelled with either Spacebar, Rime Arrow or Doomsday.
- Punishing Strike is the third hardest hitting attack. It has a long channel time like the other skills, but drops instantaneously once the channel is complete. After casting, there’s a very short animation where the Sorceress steps forward that can be cancelled with either spacebar, Rime Arrow or Doomsday.
- Squall is your main Counter skill.
- Lightning Vortex is an alternative to Blaze for applying synergy. It’s a slower cast and deals less damage, but has more range.
- Inferno can be slotted in if you don’t need Squall. It's great for Part Break when destroying armor from bosses that have it. It also has pretty good identity gauge generation. It's pretty good to change to this if you know the encounter doesn't have a counter pattern.
- Seraphic Hall is a damage dealing alternative skill for Esoteric Reaction that does less damage but is overall better for regaining identity gauge. The skill comes out from the player though, so the range is not great compared to the other skills which cast where the cursor is.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
- Always try to maintain your synergy buff on the boss with Blaze whenever it’s available. The lingering burn on the ground allows the debuff to last 10-11 seconds before it needs to be reapplied.
- Build up identity gauge with your normal rotation. In particular, Frost's Call, Rime Arrow, and Esoteric Reaction should give you the biggest chunks of gauge. If your identity gauge is very low or currently empty, it's okay to use your biggest damage skills outside of Arcane Rupture for lower damage and identity.
- Blaze, Squall, and auto-attacks also give a tiny bit of gauge, so you should weave these in when everything is on cooldown. Be mindful to not use Squall if the boss has a Counterable pattern and hasn’t used it in a while. Counter has a 30 second internal cooldown though, so if a boss has been Countered recently, you can freely use Squall as a filler skill.
- Doomsday should always be your last big skill to use in a rotation while building up identity gauge. If you’ve used everything and Arcane Rupture is available, then you can proceed to Doomsday into Arcane Rupture into everything else.
- If Explosion and Punishing Strike are also not on cooldown, that’s fine. You can save them for after the Arcane Rupture. It’s not important to put them on cooldown first.
- You can maximize time inside Arcane Rupture by using it right before the impact of Doomsday instead of the moment you finish the channel. This is a really minor optimization though, and the benefits of this mostly appear in T2/T3 gameplay.
- Always try to align your big burst combo with a support’s major synergies. Supports have two very big buffs that can stack together, and ideally your burst is while you have both of these buffs available. It can greatly increase your damage!
- Explosion should cancel into Punishing Strike which should cancel into Rime Arrow. This rotation is the same whether or not Arcane Rupture is available. Doomsday has a very long cooldown, and the last thing you want is be waiting on your opening skill when Arcane Rupture is available. If you know Arcane Rupture is coming soon, refrain from using Doomsday. Because of how Arcane Rupture works with Igniter, it’s okay if the other skills are on cooldown since they’ll come off of cooldown within the 15 seconds of Arcane Rupture for you to cast them.
- If full gauge Frost's Call
- If full gauge Arcane Rupture
- Punishing Strike
- Rime Arrow
- Esoteric Reaction
- Frost's Call
Igniter Sorceress prioritize Specialization. Critical and Swiftness are your secondary stats. It's up to you to decide which secondary stat you're most comfortable with. Critical is for higher overall damage while Swiftness is for better consistency with cooldowns. Swiftness is recommended as the secondary stat if an Igniter Sorceress has less than level 8 cooldown gem for their Doomsday skill.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Igniter is your class engraving. It provides a lot of fundamental stats needed to maximize your burst, which is the main point of this build in the first place.
- All-Out Attack is essential for this build since it reduces casting channel time by 20%. Many of the skills in this build are very slow, so anything that can speed up their cast is beneficial.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Hit Master is a good engraving for your overall damage. It has the same benefits as Cursed Doll with no drawbacks.
- Precise Dagger is for added crit chance. Since all of your damage is centralized in a small burst window. Scoring critical hits during it is essential. The -12% critical damage penalty is mitigated by the build, Precision Dagger in particular is used for this build because maintaining Adrenaline is extremely difficult with the long cooldowns on the Igniter build. Precision Dagger is a crutch engraving in this set-up since it allows you to take Swiftness without sacrificing too much crit chance, making the double Doomsday cast easier.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fights!
- Grudge* is hard to fit into this build since a lot of the engravings are for comfort and operation. However, it is still technically the most efficient damage engraving to take, so it's ideal to use once you've become comfortable with all content.
- Cursed Doll* is often the last choice engraving. It increases your damage, but reduces the amount of healing you receive.
- Adrenaline can be used as well. It can be challenging to maintain all of the stacks required to make it worth it, however it has a higher efficiency than both Cursed Doll as well as Precision Dagger. However, it's okay to not maintain all of the stacks at all times, since you only need them when you're committing to a full burst. Generally not recommended though since it adds an additional layer of thought when playing, and the average player will perform better with the other mentioned engravings.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Speedrun or Alts Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree and Tripods
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of tripods themselves. Tripod levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommended sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Igniter Sorceress deal heavy burst damage by building up her identity gauge.
- Her identity skill Arcane Rupture is an extremely powerful buff that scales off of Specialization. This buff grants additional damage, increased Crit Rate, increased Crit Damage, reduced cooldowns, increased casting speed, increased Part Break, and increased stagger damage.
- You have to build up your identity gauge, align it with your support’s buff, and position yourself carefully with a boss opening to cast all of your main damage skills and hope that the boss doesn't move.
- Your rotation is largely the same when you’re building up gauge, but don't cast Doomsday if you're nearing Arcane Rupture or you’ll be waiting for it to come off cooldown before you commit to activating your buff.
- Blink is good mobility from your identity. However, since it consumes identity gauge which is a direct source of your damage in this build, you should only use it in life-or-death situations. It can also be used to immune dangerous status effects from certain boss patterns since it has Debuff Immunity.
Written by Saintone
Incorporated by Starlast
Reviewed by Raxxanterax
Updated Gear Set section to include Valtan sets
Updated Gear Set section to include Argos sets and added "Optimal Setups" in Engraving section.