Be aware that Gunlancer is the only class whose Spacebar moves them backwards. This is a huge turn-off for most of the players. But after a few days of gameplay, you will get used to it. Overall, the Gunlancer is a highly efficient class that doesn't require many resources or gold to be viable.
Cost Efficient ✔
High Survivability ✔
High Stagger Damage ✔
Damage Reduction & Shield Buff ✔
❌ Backwards Dodge
❌ Requires Boss Knowledge
❌ Directional Attack Requirements
❌ Less Survivability Than Blue Build
Raid Skill Build
- You have two Awakening Skill choices here. Guardian's Protection charges your Shield Meter to max and provides Damage Reduction. Lance of Judgment increases Crit Rate for party members and while dealing high damage. It's perfect for coordinated damage windows.
- Gunlance Shot can replace Counter Gunlance if you have enough points to get it to 10. This gives you higher damage output, but is less friendly for newer players as you lose a high defensive skill.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Lone Knight gameplay, unlike Combat Readiness, requires more management and understanding of your Shield Meter. Lone Knight causes 100% increased Shield Meter consumption when using Defensive Stance, so only use it during critical moments or to avoid getting knocked up/down.
Stagger Check Rotation:
- Surge Cannon
- Dash Upper Fire
- Fire Bullet
- Charged Stinger
- Shout of Hatred
- Defensive Stance
- Optional : Nellasia's Energy , if you are low on Shield Meter.
- Surge Cannon
- Charged Stinger
Use Bash at the start of every rotation to apply the defense debuff Armor Destruction on the target and to buff yourself with Ready Attack.
Surge Cannon has no Push Immunity and can be interrupted by any incoming attack. Avoid this by activating your Identity Skill Defensive Stance before you use Surge Cannon.
Lone Knight Gunlancers run Swiftness and Crit since none of their Skills have Crit Rate Skill Tree. Lance Skills do not scale with Specialization, so Crit is the other effective way to increase damage.
- Standard Build: Get 465-585 Swiftness for at least 8%-10% Attack Speed and Movement Speed for some comfy maneuverability, then get as high Crit as possible. At higher end of Tier 3 content with access to Tier 3 Relic grade accessories, you can invest a ring or a earring of your preference for Swiftness which ends up with 1200-1300 Crit and 700-800 Swiftness for decent amount of Cooldown Reduction and even more Attack Speed and Movement Speed to smooth out your gameplay even more.
- High Swiftness Build: Stack as much Swiftness, with Crit from your necklace and a ring. This build requires Adrenaline or Precise Dagger and Gear Sets that provide Crit Rate to help fix your Crit stat. This only works with Tier 3 end game higher stats to play around with.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Lone Knight grants extra Crit Rate and Crit Damage for Lance Skills.
- Super Charge increases the charging speed and damage of Surge Cannon, Gunlance Shot and Charged Stinger.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Master Brawler can be taken since the majority of Gunlancer skills have Head Attack modifiers.
- Keen Blunt Weapon* is an option for high Crit Rate builds.
- Adrenaline and Precise Dagger* are for high Swiftness builds to compensate for lack of Crit Rate.
- Combat Readiness can provide more value by increasing your shield durability with Defensive Stance. If you decide to go for this, keep it at Level 1.
- Spirit Absorption increases Attack Speed and Movement Speed by a significant amount at Level 3. This helps you to position and cast quicker.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
High Swiftness Stacking
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
For more information on how to add equipment Skill Tree and how to get them, please visit our Skill Tree System Guide.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) Optional gem choices.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- The Gunlancer is a tanky class with high survivability.
- Crit is the main Combat Stat of the Lone Knight Gunlancer.
- Defensive Stance's shield is prolonged if there are other shields on the Gunlancer (they take priority in soaking damage before Defensive Stance).
- Don't use Dash Upper Fire until a counter mechanic happens.
- Bash and Surge Cannon are the main Stagger check tools.
- Activate Defensive Stance's before you use Surge Cannon to avoid getting interrupted.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Raxxanterax
Adjusted Gearsets section to include Vykas parts.
Updated Gearsets upgrade paths to include Valtan gears.