The focus of this build is to deal high damage with your Normal Skills and the use of the Emperor card. The increased Deck Meter gain provided by the Class Engraving Order of the Emperor helps to draw from your Card Deck more frequently and to combine those with your skills to further amplify your damage output.
Check out the Empress's Grace Arcanist build for an alternative Arcanist play style.
Raid Skill Build
- Checkmate can be replaced with Dancing of Spineflower for more damage. But this is a risky skill to use, since it forces you to stay very close to the boss for a few seconds.
- If you need a more consistent and reliable counter than Return, replace one of your Stacking Skills with Serendipity.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
The Gameplay of an Order of the Emperor Arcanist revolves around the Skill Rotation and Identity Cards usage, which need to be managed simultaneously to maximize the damage output and survivability.
- Call of Destiny
- Stream of Edge
- Place Evoke below the target.
- Dark Resurrection
- Trigger Evoke.
- Celestial Rain
This rotation focuses on reducing the time needed to buff yourself before your 2 main damage skills Evoke and Dark Resurrection land their first hits.
Don't hold Return, instead just tap it. This will guarantee that the buff and debuff are applied before the first hit of Dark Resurrection.
You don't need to hold Checkmate for its entire duration. If there is a risk of being hit or the boss moving away, let it go to activate Deadline and deal additional damage.
Identity Cards & Combos:
Every time you fill up your Deck Meter or trigger Quick Draw, you draw a random card from your Identity Card Deck. You can draw and hold up to 2 Identity Cards in your hand. Below is a list of all available Identity Cards.
Try to memorize the usage and combos of the most important Identity Cards listed below, to maximize your damage out put.
- Corrosion, Mayhem, Three-Headed Snake, Balance, Ghost, Royal and Moon can be activated as soon as you pull those, since these cards provide you with a long duration buff which are beneficial throughout the entire fight.
- In case of Three-Headed Snake, use some Auto Attacks in between your Stacking Skills to apply on your target the maximum Stack of 4 sooner.
- Judgment allows you to maximize the damage of all your Ruin Skill cards regardless of how many Stacks are applied on the target.
- Cull is one of the best cards to multiply your damage out put. You should combine it with the cards listed below to maximize the efficiency of it.
- Use Twisted Fate before you use your Normal Skills, since it has a chance to increase your damage by 40% for 4 seconds. Debuff your target and buff yourself first. Afterwards, use your main damage Normal Skill cards within the 4 seconds time frame of the Twisted Fate card's buff. If you follow the Skill Rotation mentioned above, the perfect time to use this card is right when you use Return.
- After activating Wheel of Fortune, the next skill you use will have it Cooldown reset. This includes your Awakening skills. But with this build, it is more beneficial to reset the Cooldown of Dark Resurrection. So use it right before you use this skill and use the 2nd Dark Resurrection right after triggering the Evoke detonation.
- Star should be used once your main Normal Skills are on Cooldown.
- Emperor is only available if you play Order of the Emperor Arcanist only. You can use this skill immediately or in combination with Twisted Fate to deal high damage in a huge area around you. On top of that, this card deals decent Stagger Damage.
The Order of the Emperor Arcanist build mainly focuses on Swiftness, which decrease the high Cooldown time of her main damage skills. The increased Attack Speed further helps to execute your main damage rotation faster before the target moves away. You need Crit only on your necklace, since Arcanist has various buffs, which increase her Crit Chance and Damage.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Order of the Emperor increases damage and Deck Meter generation of Normal Skills. Adds the Emperor card to the Card Deck.
- Raid Captain synergizes well with the Movement Speed buffs provided by your skills and the Combat Stat Swiftness.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Adrenaline increases your Attack Power and Crit rate and can be easily kept at max stack with the low Cooldown skills of Arcanist.
- Hit Master is great for Arcanist, since most of her skills don't rely on Back or Front Attack.
- Keen Blunt Weapon is an optional Engraving, which doesn't synergize well with Arcanist, since she has a high base Crit Damage though her Buffs and Identity Cards.
- Awakening can be useful in the late game to maximize some Relic Set's set effects.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
(*)These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play at your own pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Set
Optimal Damage Card Set
- The Order of the Emperor Arcanist is a high mobility and Attack Speed class with low survivability.
- Swiftness is the main Combat Stat of the Order of the Emperor Arcanist.
- Normal Skills are your main Damage sources.
- Stacking Skills provide useful buffs, mobility and add at least one Stack to the targets hit the skill.
- Ruin Skills consume all Stacks applied on the target and deal damage based on the Stack count.
- Skill Rotation and Identity Cards usage, need to be managed simultaneously to maximize the damage output and survivability of Arcanist.
Written by Perciculum
Reviewed by Yaen