Decent Stagger ✔
Insane Identity Buffs ✔
High Mobility and a Parry ✔
Many Viable Skill Options ✔
❌ Average Class DPS
❌ Needs High Specialization
❌ Low Defense due to Engravings
❌ Limited Optimal Engraving Choices
Raid Skill Build
- You have two Awakening Skill choices:
- Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Spear Meteor is the safer option due to its range but has a moderate start-up.
- Yeon-Style Spear Technique: Storming Red Dragon does damage instantly. Although it has a long channeling time, it can be stopped at any time by releasing the skill button.
- The Glaivier has a plethora of viable filler skills to replace 1-2 skill slots of your preference. Cutting Wind should be the first skill chosen, Wheel of Blades and Chain Slash can be downgraded for replacement. Skill Tree Nodes are displayed in the tooltips.
- Stampeding Slash has comparable damage to Cutting Wind on average, but has slightly higher damage if every single hit critically strikes.
- Soul Cutter's 1st and 3rd Skill Tree Tier Nodes can be changed depending on your preference. Use Magick Control if you are having problems managing mana and Concentration for faster skill speed but less consistent damage on most bosses.
- Starfall Pounce is an optional 3rd Level 10 Focus Stance skill that has 100% Crit Rate. It is lower damage than Thrust of Destruction but with faster animation and generates a lot of Identity gauge.
- Dragonscale Defense is another optional 3rd Level 10 Focus Stance skill that has 100% Crit Rate. The skill deals less consistent damage because you need to be hit to trigger the attack. This sacrifices a panic defensive button, which is risky since there aren't any mobility skills in Focus Stance except Spacebar.
- Alternative skills for Specialization and Crit stat optimization:
- Starfall Pounce's 3rd Skill Tree Tier Node can be replaced with Ground Explosion for more damage when it critically strikes. The downside is a longer animation and less consistent critical strikes since it depends on your Crit gear optimization.
- Red Dragon's Horn's 2nd Skill Tree Tier Node can be replaced with Determination for more damage increase when it critically strikes. It has less consistent critical strikes and requires Crit gear optimization.
- 4-Headed Dragon is an optional 3rd Level 10 Focus Stance skill when using Crit gear because each tick of bleed from Infected Wound can be critical strikes. The 2nd Skill Tree Tier Node can be swapped to Violent Thrust for even more damage with the penalty of changing it to a holding skill, but it can benefit from All-Out Attack.
Gameplay & Skill Rotation
Pinnacle Glaivier gameplay revolves around rotating skills in the same stance to get 3 bars of Identity Gauge before switching to the other stance to activate buffs. Manage your mana by avoiding spamming more skills than needed to fill 3 bars of Identity Gauge. Higher Specialization helps with this management by increasing the amount of Identity Gauge generated.
Note: Early on, it’s preferred to use more Focus Stance skills to help generate identity gauge for damage. Refer to the Skill Build above, slide the slider to 324sp or below for the 3 Red Skills build reference.
Standard Skill Rotation:
- Flurry Stance
- Cutting Wind or any other fillers selected.
- Chain Slash (If you have this skill fully upgraded, wait to use it after generating 20% meter.)
- Raging Dragon Slash
- Shackling Blue Dragon (For Specialization and Crit build, wait to use it right before switching to Focus Stance)
- Half Moon Slash
- Wheel of Blades
- Switch to Focus Stance as soon as you max out the Identity Gauge. Else, continue to generate in Flurry Stance.
- Focus Stance
- Thrust of Destruction
- Red Dragon's Horn
- Optional: Starfall Pounce if you have this skill fully upgraded.
- Optional: 4-Headed Dragon if you have this skill fully upgraded.
- Spiraling Spear
- Switch to Flurry Stance as soon as you max out the Identity Gauge and repeat the rotation. Else, continue to generate in Focus Stance.
If you have issues generating Identity Gauge, use some Wealth runes and get Firepower Control on Cutting Wind until you have high enough Specialization.
For the Specialization and Swiftness build, Shackling Blue Dragon is used at the beginning of Flurry Stance to increase the Crit Rate of Flurry Stance skills. The debuff is not needed for Focus Stance skills, since they already have 100% Crit Rate with Skill Tree Nodes.
For the Specialization and Crit build, Shackling Blue Dragon is used right before switching to Focus Stance since those skills use Damage Increase Nodes instead of 100% Crit Rate Nodes. This build requires you to get as much Crit Rate as possible from gearset and raw Crit stat to increase the chances of critical striking in Focus Stance.
Note: Half Moon Slash and Wheel of Blades triggers the Conviction and Judgment combo. Look for the Conviction text or buff icon before using Wheel of Blades to proc Judgment effect for cooldown reduction and mana regen buffs. (30 second cooldown).
The Stagger check skills are:
- Raging Dragon Slash
- Half Moon Slash
- Wheel of Blades
Pinnacle Glaivier focuses on getting as much Specialization stat as possible as it increases the effectiveness of the Identity Gauge buff effects from switching stances. The buff can provide tons of Damage Increase, Crit Chance and Attack Speed in Flurry Stance, and Damage Increase, Crit Damage and Movement Speed in Focus Stance. 1371 Specialization (100% stance buff efficacy increase) is where the build will strive and be functional.
- Standard: Get Specialization on all accessories, with Swiftness only on the Necklace.
- Alternative: Get Specialization on all accessories, with Crit only on the Necklace. This build requires a different gearset to increase Crit Rate, since the Skill Tree Nodes in Focus Stance are spec'd for Damage Increase instead of 100% Crit Rate.
Class Engravings provide powerful benefits that can significantly change playstyle. Battle Engravings are generally used to increase damage. Below are the recommended Engravings for this build.
Check out the Engraving Guide for more details.
- Pinnacle grants a higher effectiveness version of the base Identity Gauge buff which can be further enhanced by stacking Specialization.
- Ambush Master can be used in early content when bosses are less hectic, allowing for more consistent back attacks. Switch it out when you are min-maxing your engravings for later content.
Add-On Endgame Engravings
- Keen Blunt Weapon* works really well with Glaivier as she has above 60% Crit Rate when swapping into Flurry Stance with max Identity Gauge. Shackling Blue Dragon provides an additional 18% Crit Rate increase when attacking the debuffed target. Furthermore, the standard build has Focus Stance skills with 100% Crit Rate Skill Tree Nodes.
- Raid Captain is effective due to the massive movement speed increase buff from switching into Focus Stance with max Identity Gauge. This is preferred if you are using 3 or more Red Skills.
- All-Out Attack is usable, but not the most optimal engraving since it only enhances some skills. Red Dragon's Horn benefits from the engraving because it's a holding channeling skill. Other skills that can benefit from the engraving are Half Moon Slash with Chasing Slash, 4-Headed Dragon with Violent Thrust and Cutting Wind with Valor.
Note: The Advanced Engravings are the Best in Slot setup for Tier 3 content. The penalties attached to these can be hard to overcome for new players. Only use the following engravings if you are experienced with the boss fight!
- Grudge* increases damage done while also increasing damage received. The engraving is a highly effective damage increase that does not require specific positioning, making it worthwhile even with the penalty.
- Cursed Doll* provides a significant Attack Power increase at the cost of 25% healing penalty. The healing penalty can be punishing for inexperienced players not familiar with boss mechanics.
- Increases Mass* is an option for 5 Blue & 2 Red Skills builds, since there aren't many engravings that provide general damage increase without having other caveats. Unfortunately, it stacks additively with Cursed Doll instead of being a separate multiplicative bonus.
(*) These Engravings should only be used at Engraving Level 3.
Engravings are listed in order of priority from left to right.
5 Blue & 2 Red Skills Build
4 Blue & 3 Red Skills Build
These are the specific gear sets for each tier.
Check out the Gear Set Guide for more details.
- If speedrunning your alts, you can skip Abyss Dungeon Gear up to 1370 gearscore by just honing Chaos Dungeon Gear.
- If you're close to 1445 gearscore and were already doing Valtan/Vykas Normal Mode, you can skip crafting the Legendary Legion Raid Gears.
- If you have already crafted Relic Gears, hold onto them because once you unlock the Gear Set Conversion feature, you will be able to freely swap between Relic Legion Raid Sets.
"Play At Your Own Pace" Route
Runes enhance Skills with extra bonuses. All Rune drops are account bound and have limited availability, so placement of Runes on the correct Skills is important. Below are the recommended pairings.
Check the Rune Guide for more details.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Gear Skill Tree
While Gems add benefits to skills, you can also increase the effects of Skill Tree themselves. Skill Tree levels go up to 5 and each level can increase the damage, cooldown reduction or buff that they provide.
(*) Optional skill choices.
Cutting Wind, Wheel of Blades, Chain Slash and Thrust of Destruction Skill Tree Nodes can be replaced with your preference alternative skills Skill Tree Nodes.
Gems grant bonus damage and cooldown reduction to specific skills. You can only equip 11 of these Gems at a time so it is recommended that you prioritize the Gems for your most important skills.
Please visit our Gem System Guide for more information like how to create higher tier Gems.
(*) Optional gem choices.
Cutting Wind, Wheel of Blades, Chain Slash and Thrust of Destruction gems can be replaced with your preference alternative skills.
Cards are an endgame system for maximizing your character. Below are the recommend sets for this class.
Check out the Card Guide for more details on how to obtain them.
Budget Card Sets
Pinnacle Glaiviers are able to get Crit Rate easily from Identity buff and Skill Tree. You can use this card set to help negate some of the penalties from your engravings. "We'll Meet Again" set(Madnick Card, Sian Card, Vrad Card) can be replaced with "Three Umar Families" set(Galatur Card, Naber Card, Eikerr Card) If you have it upgraded for the 12% Back Attack damage increase.
Optional Card Sets
This card set helps getting some extra Crit Rate for the Specialization + Crit build as well as help with the standard Specialization + Swiftness build to have a higher Crit Rate during Flurry Stance.
Optimal Damage Card Set
- Pinnacle Glaivier rotates skills in Flurry Stance and Focus Stance to max-out Identity Gauge before switching to the other stance for maximum effect of the Identity buff.
- Specialization is the main priority stat for Pinnacle Glaivier as it increases the effectiveness of her Identity buffs. This gives more Crit , Speed and Damage buffs benefits in both stances.
- Adjustments will need to be made depending on if you are doing Swiftness or Crit sub-stats variant of the build. Furthermore, Shackling Blue Dragon is used at different timings in the rotations.
- Glaivier's Counter skills are Vault while in Flurry Stance and Spiraling Spear while in Focus Stance.
- Make sure to save Raging Dragon Slash, Half Moon Slash and Wheel of Blades for Stagger checks.
- Try out the Alternative skills to find the ones you prefer.
Written by Rei
Reviewed by Lexyu
Adjusted Gearsets section to include Vykas parts.
Updated Gearsets upgrade paths to include Valtan gears. Adjusted Alternatives and Added Variants of Skill Build.